Diagnostics Sales and Technical Support Associate - Cambridge UK
Horizon Discovery is an award winning UK Biotechnology Company combining a long scientific heritage in translational research with a precision gene-editing platform based upon homologous recombination. The company is a trusted supplier of cell line generation services, genetically-defined cell-lines, reporter gene assay kits, assay development and compound screening services (RNAi, small molecule & biologics) to hundreds of organisations engaged in bio-pharmaceutical process optimization; drug discovery & development, and clinical diagnostic development.
Horizon is in a period of rapid growth, having recently raised significant funds through our AIM listing, acquiring a company in the United States, and the launch of multiple new product lines and service capabilities.
To support the continued expansion of Horizon Discovery we are recruiting for a Sales and Technical Support Specialist to help develop its Diagnostics Customer Services Division (HDx). This is an office based role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales support for the HDx Commercial Team covering customer and distributor price plan management.
- Technical support for all Horizon Diagnostics’ product portfolio.
- HDx Complaint management and processing within the quality system to ensure corrective or preventive actions are proposed and implemented by the relevant department.
- Gathering and archiving customer feedback to ensure the commercial team meets ISO9001 regulation under the supervision of the Global Product Manager.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) administration.
- We will require you to work closely within the HDx team to meet and exceed team sales targets and ensure we continue to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Responsible for working with the commercial team to support distributor management and processing orders in a timely manner.
- Responsible for answering technical support questions directly or triaging where appropriate to the relevant person and updating the customer during the process.
- Responsible for supplier questionnaires and identifying key areas for optimization the process.
- Supporting order processing and translating an offline order into an order record ready for the shipping team.
- Contribute to new technical marketing literature (scientific posters, white papers, editorials) and working with the marketing specialist where appropriate.
- Develop product frequently asked questions (FAQs) to support customer’s pre-sales and reduce direct technical queries.
- Provide stock information to customers and sales reps upon request and liaise with production when a new order is out-of-stock.
- Play a central role in the development of the ordering, technical support, and complaints processes to ensure Horizon Diagnostics continues to provide an excellent customer experience now and into the future.
These tasks are essential functions for this position. However, these responsibilities may change as the HDx team expands and develops. The role will be separated into core tasks and defined projects. The projects will be commercially driven and look to improve the customer experience, drive sales and/or lead to process efficiencies. There will be opportunities to lead key projects. You will be reporting to the Horizon Diagnostics Global Product Manager.
- Scientific bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Post-graduate degree or commercial experience in a life science company is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical concepts and explain them and their benefits intricately to others.
- Motivation and drive to learn about Horizon Diagnostics products and process.
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skillS.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous role in either customer services or technical support desirable.
- Familiarity with HDx’s product line and technology desirable.
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system desirable.
We can offer a varied and interesting working environment and as a growing company we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our employees. We are committed to high quality science to meet our client and growth needs. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter (together with your current salary and Job reference number) to email@example.com.