Horizon’s precision cell line generation service uses GENESIS™ for the routine modification of host mammalian genomes while maintaining the stability of the cell line, allowing improvements in selection, yield and timelines for biopharmaceutical manufacture.
Our custom host cell line engineering service delivers a fully engineered and characterized host cell line, and allows you to modify any gene at any locus in your proprietary host cell line.
- Enables flexible gene engineering approaches such as: gene ablation; gene defunctionalization; gene knock-in; inducible gene expression; point mutations; fusion tag
- Selected applications include: knockout of glutamine synthetase; knock-out of confounding glycosylation genes; and site-specific integration of landing-pads
- Zero off-target effects
- QC processes tailored to regulations surrounding therapeutic production
- Human packaging cell lines derived from HEK 293 tested for the following human viruses: Adenovirus type 5; Hepatitis A; Herpes Simplex Virus 1; Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1; Rhinovirus; Reovirus type3; Vaccine virus
- Engineered host cell line tested for wild-type AAV (PCR & plaque assay)
- Proven technology in generating hundreds of genetically-defined cell lines