With the emergence of new technologies such as CRISPR, genome editing has gone mainstream. Gene editing is still challenging though, and even the most skilled scientists can benefit from proper planning and support to have the best chance of success.
Just a few of the questions to ask yourself are:
- Do you want to edit all the alleles or achieve multiple edits to the same allele?
- Are there subtle (SNP) differences between the alleles?
- Are you planning on modifying hard to transfect cells?
- How critical is the risk of off-target modifications?
- Are you planning a knockout or an insertion?
As the only company with access to both CRISPR and rAAV, we are uniquely able to take a ‘technology agnostic’ approach, freely suggesting the right approach to your project whatever it may be. Additionally, by combining the best aspects of both technologies, we are able to achieve gene editing efficiencies not possible with either technology alone.
Horizon has deep expertise in gene editing having extensively used rAAV and CRISPR in the generation of our menu of over 550 X-MAN™ isogenic cell lines, and on behalf of our customers in hundreds of projects. This experience makes us uniquely able to support you. We provide a very broad range of thoroughly validated tools alongside a suite of services designed to enable you to efficiently address any cell line generation project.