Key Milestones and Achievements
Key Milestones & Achievements
- Grown from 0 to >230 FTEs housed in over state of art 90,000 sq. ft. laboratory and office facilities in Cambridge, UK, Cambridge, MA, St. Louis, MO, Boyerstown, PA and Vienna, Austria
- Revenue CAGR of greater than 125% for period 2008 to 2013
- Listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange raising £68.6M an all-time record for a Life Science Company
- Acquired CombinatoRx service business and asserts from Zalicus Inc for £4.74M
- Acqired SAGE Labs for $48M (£29M) in cash and new ordinary shares
- Acquired Haplogen Genomics for for an initial consideration of £6.0m (approximately €7.7m) in cash and the issue of new ordinary shares
- Dr. Darrin Disley wins CEO of the Year award from Scrip, 2014
- Launch of Bioproduction cell line service with flexible licnesing model
- Winner of Biomedtech Company of Year for East of England Region 2013
- Winner of European Mediscience’s Emerging Star Award 2014
- Winner Santander Breakthrough 50 Award, 2014
- Winner of the 'Licensing Deal of the Year' with AstraZeneca, Scrip Awards 2013
- Winner of most promising company at world conference on Personalized Medicine 2013
- Winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise 2012, for International Trade
- Launched panel of 550 X-MAN® cell line products; 15 new assay kits; 50 2D and 3D cell-based phenotypic assays and 1000 genomic reference standard products
- Entered into two drug discovery collaborations with AstraZeneca, with upfront and preclinical milestone payments, and eligible for clinical and approval milestones totaling more than £100M, as well as tiered royalties
- Established distributors in Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and other regions
- Launched a suite of endogenous reporter gene assay kits with our commercial partner Promega Corporation
- Established an oncology research service collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim
- Award of £3.5M grant funding from The Seventh Framework Program for COLTHERES, PREDICT, INSIGHT, SeaBiotech & 4D CellFate Consortia
- Establishment of over 50 rAAV human gene-editing Centers of Excellence including the US National Institutes of Health (NCI & NHGRI)
- Alliances with 100 academic collaborators including ICR (Ashworth Lab)
- Launched SyntheTx™ target identification platform with H3 Biomedicine Inc
- Seminal publications by Professor Alberto Bardelli (Horizon co-founder) in the Journal of Cancer Research (March 2007), the Journal of Clinical Oncology (October 2008) and Journal of The American Medical Association (October 2010) detailing a retrospective analysis of colon cancer patients that has led the EMEA and FDA to mandate testing for the presence or absence of ‘mutant’ KRAS before the anti-EGFR targeted agents Vectibix® and the blockbuster Erbitux® are prescribed as front-line treatment to colorectal cancer patients
- Seminal Nature paper in 2012 from Professor Alberto Bardelli (Horizon co-founder) showing the real-time EGFR resistance feedback loop for the B-Raf (V600E) targeted melanoma drug Vemurafanib in B-Raf (V600E) positive colorectal cancer patients and the overcoming of this resistance using combinations of Vemurafanib and EGFR target drugs Erbitux® and Erlotinib
- Achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards
- Licensed ZFN and CRISPR gene-editing technologies (three separate licenses), making Horizon the only company to have access to both rAAV and nucleases
Paragraph explaining benefits of Biocair
There was an error with your login - please try again.
Forgotten your password? Click here
We've sent you an email to reset your password.
Sorry, Unable to add voucher
There was an error updating your details.
Your changes have been saved.
Thank you for registering to the Horizon Discovery website. We hope you enjoy and benefit from our online resources, and please feel free to contact us if you have any queries or feedback through the website itself or at email@example.com.
Items have been saved to your basket.