Key Milestones and Achievements
Key Milestones & Achievements
- Grown from 0 to 80 FTEs housed in state of art 20,000 sq. ft. facility in Cambridge, UK
- CAGR of greater than 100% over the first 5 years of operation
- Winner of the 'Licensing Deal of the Year' with AstraZeneca, Scrip Awards 2013
- Winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise 2012, for International Trade
- Launched panel of 500 X-MAN™ cell line products; 15 new assay kits; 50 2D and 3D cell-based phenotypic assays and 100 genomic reference standard products
- Entered into a drug discovery collaboration with AstraZeneca, with upfront and preclinical milestone payments, and eligiblity for clinical and approval milestones totaling up to $75M, as well as tiered royalties
- Established distributors in Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and other regions
- Entered into exclusive partnership with Crown Bioscience Inc. to offer in vivo services utilizing Horizon's X-MAN cell lines
- Launched a suite of endogenous reporter gene assay kits with our commercial partner Promega Corporation
- Established an oncology research service collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim
- Major milestone based deal achieved with a top pharmaceutical partner, releasing £14M of potential revenue over 4 years
- Award of £3.5M grant funding from The Seventh Framework Program for COLTHERES, PREDICT, INSIGHT, SeaBiotech & 4D CellFate Consortia
- Establishment of 30 rAAV human gene-editing Centers of Excellence including the US National Institutes of Health (NCI & NHGRI)
- Circa £20M of financing from premier investor group including DFJ Esprit LLP, Genentech Inc., and Roche Venture Fund
- Alliances with 100 academic collaborators including ICR (Ashworth Lab)
- Launched SyntheTx™ target identification platform with H3 Biomedicine Inc
- Seminal publications by Professor Alberto Bardelli (Horizon co-founder) in the Journal of Cancer Research (March 2007), the Journal of Clinical Oncology (October 2008) and Journal of The American Medical Association (October 2010) detailing a retrospective analysis of colon cancer patients that has led the EMEA and FDA to mandate testing for the presence or absence of ‘mutant’ KRAS before the blockbuster anti-EGFR targeted agents Erbitux® and Vectibix® are prescribed as front-line treatment to colorectal cancer patients
- Seminal Nature paper in 2012 from Professor Alberto Bardelli (Horizon co-founder) showing the real-time EGFR resistance feedback loop for the B-Raf (V600E) targeted melanoma drug Vemurafanib in B-Raf (V600E) positive colorectal cancer patients and the overcoming of this resistance using combinations of Vemurafanib and EGFR target drugs Erbitux® and Erlotinib
- Winner of most promising company at world conference on Personalized Medicine 2013
- Achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards
- Licensed ZFN and CRISPR gene-editing technologies, making Horizon the only company to have access to both rAAV and nucleases
Paragraph explaining benefits of Biocair
There was an error with your login - please try again.
Forgotten your password? Click here
We've sent you an email to reset your password.
Sorry, Unable to add voucher
There was an error updating your details.
Your changes have been saved.
Thank you for registering to the Horizon Discovery website. We hope you enjoy and benefit from our online resources, and please feel free to contact us if you have any queries or feedback through the website itself or at email@example.com.
Items have been saved to your basket.