Kinetic Analysis of Apoptosis
Observing and quantifying the effect of your compound on apoptosis over time
Horizon offers kinetic analysis of apoptosis using IncuCyte real-time apoptosis assays (IncuCyte™ Caspase-3/7 and IncuCyte™ Annexin V) and a IncuCyte ZOOM® live-cell imaging and analysis system (Essen Bioscience). Time lapse-imaging every 4 hours and automated quantification of apoptotic cells enables the peak effect of your compound to be captured and selection of an optimum time-point for follow up experiments.
Request more information
- Up to 4 cell lines and up to 4 compounds of interest can be tested*
- 6-point dose response curve (quadruplicates)
- 96 h treatment time
- Detection: Cell Player Caspase-3/7, Annexin V or YOYO-1 (general cytotoxicity) fluorescent dye and real-time imaging every 4 h using IncuCyte ZOOM kinetic imager**
- Analysis: Confluency algorithms are used to monitor cell proliferation/health (phase contrast) and apoptosis/cytotoxicity (fluorescence) over the duration of the assay
- Deliverables: Interim report, IC50 values (from the whole kinetic or a single timepoint), graphs of kinetic analysis, raw data
*Assessment of drug combinations is also possible. Please enquire for a custom assay, if this is of interest. **Multiplexing of dyes is available for an additional fee.
Case Study: Detection of Cell Growth, Apoptosis and Total Cell Death in Colon Cancer Cells Treated with Novel Natural Marine Product
- HCT116 colon cancer cells were exposed to a novel natural marine product and Cell Player cleaved caspase-3/7 dye (green) was used to visualise apoptotic cells and the YOYO-1 dye (red) was used to determine total cell death.
- Cells were imaged every 4 h using an IncuCyte Zoom timelapse microscope and cell confluence, apoptosis and total cell death were automatically quantified.
- Conclusions: A novel natural marine product causes cytotoxicity in colon cancer cells in a dose-and time-dependent manner. The main mechanism of cell death seems to be apoptosis.
Effect of the Marine Product on Cell Growth, Apoptosis and Total Cell Death
Download the complete application note about our apoptosis assays