Horizon’s siRNA screening capabilities and isogenic cell line panels have been successfully used to identify new targets for drug discovery.
We use in-house robotics-assisted liquid handling to prepare our library assay plates and are able to manage the high-throughput screening in a rapid and efficient workflow. This same infrastructure is also valuable in secondary screening and target validation, allowing us to explore orthologous approaches to validate hits, and to simultaneously progress a large number of promising targets.
Request more information
Why use our siRNA screening platform
- To identify synthetic lethal targets
- To help with target identification and validation
- To reveal resistance mechanisms
- To aid patient stratification
Summary of the Horizon Discovery druggable genome siRNA library
The siRNA screening platform
- Curated library of approximately 2000 siGENOME SMARTpool reagents acquired from Dharmacon
- Subsets of the libraries or custom libraries are also available
- Each cell line is optimised for growth conditions and transfection efficiency
- Robotic liquid handling used to generate barcoded 384-well library plates
- Cells reverse transfected with high throughput plate processing
- Endpoint viability assessed (e.g. Hoechst staining)
- Secondary screens (target validation) which use smaller libraries can be performed in 3D or in hypoxic conditions
siRNA screen data using an isogenic cell line pair. The hits (circled) are potential synthetic lethal hits and were subject to secondary deconvolution screening.
Download the complete app note
Learn more about our siRNA screening services in our archived webcast