This model contains a 43 base pair bi-allelic deletion within the Mrp1 gene, synonym Abcc1a (ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C [CFTR/MRP], member 1a), encoding an ATP-dependent drug transporter.
- Diet Value
LabDiet #5R24 (RMH2500)
- Health Report
- Research Application
• Drug transport
• Drug resistance studies
• Studying excretion pathways in cancer
- Research Area
• Homozygous knockouts display total loss of protein via Western blot
• Decreased transport of glutatione-conjugated substrates
• Increased bioavailability of specific substrate Fluorescein
• Background Strain: Sprague-Dawley
- Figure 1
Figure 1: Western blot using tissue isolated from both wild type and Mrp1 homozygous knockout rats.